Monday, June 29, 2009

Photosharing X 2

Photosharing x 2

The first way I could use photosharing would be in one of my computer applications classes – MS Word. Images of screens are already on my computer system. I would annotate them and upload them to Blackboard. Students could then move around the screen and the annotations would appear. This could be an introduction to the software application. This would be especially helpful for those students upgrading from Office 2003 to 2007, with the Ribbon replacing the standard and formatting toolbars.

A second way to use photosharing would be to have an assignment of various pictures previously uploaded to the class sight. Students would have to tell a story from the picture and then format the document using MS Word formatting tools. I would specify the parameters of the formatting. We would then upload them to the class blog/wiki and respond to other classmates. I would make sure that there were not too many photos because I would like to have more than one story from various photos.

I could also use photosharing to have students post ‘pictionographies’ as a week 1 ‘get-to-know-you’ assignment. They could choose an actual photograph of themselves or use a photo that tells something about them (i.e., their pets, activities, etc.)

2 comments:

  1. Some nice ideas, MC.

    Speaking of sharing the software screen from Word makes me think of screen capture software like Camtasia, Jing, ScreenToaster, but we haven't gotten there yet! Though I think you have. I still see still screen shots in printed material.

    It's funny that the gettoknowyou assignments in a discussion board can easily include a photo, and people are rarely asked, while in all social nets its the norm. Such a small leap is huge when one makes it an "extra" (Bb) and the rest include it as a matter of course.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Wow - you are the technogoddess - I worship at your feet. We beginners appreciate your wisdom and gracious sharing, thank you, thank you, thank you!!!

    ReplyDelete